Sonntag, 20. Dezember 2009

ELT/ Englisch

With Christmas tapping at the door, snow stains on the floor, and the thank count at 796 it seems a shame to stretch the Thousand Thanks out until the end of the year. Don't put off until tomorrow what you can put off forever, it is said. So I'll finish the thousand thank count by Christmas, for the challenge of it. But I will also keep the thank count as an integral part of this blog. I may start other blogs for other purposes. But this one will be a record of what I'm grateful for in life.

Today my thanks goes to people who have helped me with my language training career: Izzy, Anthony, Vivienne, Nick, Heather, Charuka, Sensei Katie, Rasheed, and the others in my CELTA course, Julia, Monika (for helping me stay sane), Gwendolyn, all the students in the teacher training classes, Nikki K, the people at the companies with whom I've worked, Josephine, Lila and Lena especially for their excellent organisational and coordination work, Sascha for showing me the money and Adrienn for the corrected invoice, Fiorella, Teresa and the others in the office, too many names to recount, to the people at prolinguis, members and staff alike...The face count makes at least 119. And as usual, I'm being modest so as not to cheat. So many people have helped me carve out a new career. Thanks to all of them and blessings for the coming years.

Heute bedanke ich mich für die Möglichkeit, eine weitere Karriere zu fortgeschrittenem Alter anzufangen. Es gab viele Menschen, die mich ermutigt und geholfen haben. Und jene, die meine Dienste bezahlten (VIELEN DANK): allen gilt einen riesigen Dank!
Thank count now 915.