Freitag, 11. Dezember 2009

Choices/ Auswahl

People do what they want--and so they should. I'm glad I don't have to deal with anyone else's stuff. We do what is right for us, or the best we can under the circumstances. Even God didn't hinder the working of free will. You know why? Because it's the best way for the optimal result to come out of individual parts. Whatever we do is part of a greater whole and that's how the big plan works. At least that's what occurred to me just now. I could be wrong, but who cares? I'm only responsible for my part. And apparently, my part was to write that bit.

Who to thank today? Big choice, there are so many possibilities. A lump sum thanks to a big group, individual thanks to some special people? How I love choices!

Today I choose a whopper thanks to my mates from UWC. That's about two hundred students from the years 1982-1984 at the UWC in Montezuma. Plus the trickles of ex-UWCers I have met since then. Plus all the teachers and tutors and mentors we had. Plus the alumnae coordinators and the staff who have run the place since I left. Plus all the students who have gone there. Plus all the people who have ever attended a UWC or worked at one since the movement began in the 1960s. Wow. We're looking at tens of thousands here folks. But I'll only count the two hundred I know and love from our precious time together as kids growing into adults.

Als ich 16 war gewann ich ein Stipendium, um auf einer internationalen Schule in den USA zu studieren bzw. die High School dort fertig zu machen. Es hat mein Leben radikal verändert. Aber tut das nicht jeder Schritt? Für jede Sache, die ich mache, gibt es unzählige Varianten, die ich nicht gemacht habe und so zeichnet sich ein Leben aus. Und so funktioniert das ganze Große auch. Wir alle zusammen kreieren unsere gemeinsame Realität.
Schönes Wochenende!
Thank count 516: WHOOPEE!