Sonntag, 13. Dezember 2009

prn/ Gebrauchsanweisung

It was F11 that made my screen jump the other day. It had to be one of 3 choices, F10 to 12 were all in the range of the slipped finger. I tried F11 and my usual screen reappeared. Although I'm not brave enough to experiment with the Fs systematically, I could get a manual and read what the keys are capable of. But I don't need to, yet.

I generally do things prn. That's medical jargon in Latin pro re nata or "as needed". My whole life is based on prn. I don't often judge what's needed with the same criteria as anyone else. That's what makes us unique individuals.

I could easily finish the thank count today. But you know what? It's growing on me. It's what gets me up at 5 am to blog before work. I spring out of bed thinking "Who shall I thank today?" Sometimes, I lie in bed before the alarm goes off, pondering the content of the blog. And I get warm feelings from recalling the good in my life.

Today's blog is dedicated to my clown friend Sean whom I met on the 2003 Patch Adams Healing Tour of Russia. Sean has a powerfully sweet spirit and is one of the best huggers I know. And believe me, I've hugged hundreds, if not thousands; just check my thank count for the evidence. Sean had an accident that impaired his long-term memory. But he phoned me once to announce that he remembered me.

He recalled a moment in a pub in St. Petersburg. I'd gone over to join him as he stood by himself. And we stood there, together until our guide Olga joined us. Then the three of us just stood there in what you could call companionable silence. And two years later, he remembered. Nothing unusual you think, but for him it was special.

Sometimes the most memorable moments are quiet.

Mein Blog ruft mich morgens zum Erwachen und fordert mich auf, den Tag mit Dankbarkeit zu beginnen. Ich kenne schlechtere Wege, einen neuen Tag anzufangen...