Sonntag, 10. Januar 2010

Wisdom/ Weise?

My impulse is to be still. It's a quiet, reflective moment of aloneness before the world stirs on a dark winter morn. The clacking of my keyboard is a rude intrusion on perfection. I don't hate what I'm doing, but I'm penitent. Who dares to break the silence of the universe?

I do.

Tomorrow I get the last of my wisdom teeth removed. Thank goodness for the dental surgeon and his staff who did a great job last time. Yay! I could use all the wisdom I can get, but my mouth will love the space and the freedom of movement.

Instead of searching for a reason to be, today I just am. I added a chapter to my online story Until Infinity yesterday and one reader wrote back to say the story had given her comfort during a stressful time in her life. Who would have thought? I won't question my reason for writing today. The truth is, I don't know why I do it, but I do.

Es ist immer noch unklar, weshalb ich hier schreibe. Gestern habe ich nach längerer Pause wieder einen Kapitel meinem Textnovel Roman hinzugefügt. Ich wußte nicht, was ich mit der Geschichte machen wollte, denn ich habe das Wettbewerb verloren. Ich hörte auf, um zu überlegen, wie ich nun vorgehen sollte. Gestern machte ich einfach weiter. Da schrieb mir eine Leserin und erklärte, sie habe sich über die Geschichte gefreut, und dass diese ihr während einer schweren Phase ihres Lebens geholfen habe. Sehe da!

Es geschieht nicht zum ersten mal, dass mein Schreiben ungeplant jemandem Mut und Trost spendet. In solchen Augenblicken höre ich auf nach den Gründen meines Tuns zu forschen und tue einfach, weil...