Samstag, 9. Januar 2010

Why/ Warum?

Lately, I've been re-examining my main motivation for blogging. The Thousand Thanks action gave this blog form and purpose, but now that sense of direction is waning. Once you accomplish a goal, its relevance tends to fade. Funny how we keep setting ourselves new ones anyway.

Actually, I could just as easily not blog. But Nancy I. Sanders recommended it. Hope Clarke suggests its indispensible. These are writing experts who know what they're talking about. And they say a writer needs to write daily. The blog has been my committment to writing. But I also feel committed to writing something with purpose, something worthwhile that can help shape, if not change the world. My musing on how much snow fell yesterday won't cut it. But what will?

Today I am grateful to the pioneers who put this valuable tool at my fingertips by inventing the technology of the weblog. Tomorrow I figure out what exactly I want to do with it. Happy day!

Warum sollte ich einen Blog haben? Ich verkaufe nichts, will nichts, macht nichts. Ich blogge (ist das richtig Deutsch?) umd das Bloggen willen. Und wer das lesen soll, weiß ich auch nicht. Doch bin ich dankbar für die Technologie, für den PC, und alles drum und dran. Ich blogge, weil ich kann. Und den tieferen Sinn des Ganzen suche ich mir an einem anderen Tag.