Samstag, 30. Januar 2010

Huh?

It was clear what I wanted to write while I was washing the dishes. But something about the computer screen just clears my mind. Is it blank space? Teasing, tempting, enticing, waiting to be filled ...by ME!

Oh holy moment, the breath before the storm, the clatter of the keys.

I love the snow piling up before the house. Why does the city need to clear it away? Perfect white become sandy, tainted, downtrodden, melting away. But sometimes, at night while the snow shovels sleep, it comes again, the white shroud, the furry winter cloak that clings to the branches--and my nose.

Cycles of life, coming and going, me, the snow, the city, the world.
Hugs for Haiti!

Gestern war ich wieder politisch aktiv. Im Deutschen schwirren solch andere Gedanken in meinem Kopf als mir im Englischen möglich sind. Schwerwiegendere. Und doch die Leichtigkeit der anderer Sprache geht nicht verloren.

Es gibt viel zu tun. Habe ich genug Energie und Durchhaltevermögen, um es zu tun? Das werde ich erst wissen, wenn ich soviele Schritte gegangen bin wie ich gehen kann. Welch eine spannende Reise. Gottseidank für alles.