Montag, 15. März 2010

Optimist

Jeg er en optimist!
The first song I'm learning in Norwegian is about being an optimist. It fits. I don't understand every word yet, but I get the gist. It mentions seeking warmth in the stars...Funny, I never thought of the stars as sources of warmth before. I guess it depends how close one gets.

Ad astra per aspera was the school motto I have lived by for as long as I can remember. But maybe I've laid too much emphasis on the aspera part. I love challenges and difficulties. I thrive on applying my problem-solving skills. Sure, I love a good victory, too, or a job well done. But it never takes long before I'm looking for the next one.

Here's a good theme for the next two weeks: The Optimist's Creed by a chap called Christian D. Larson, a 1912 work I read about in Joe Vitale's book Attract Money Now. It's nice to have a new theme to blog about. Yay! See you again?

Es ist schön, wenn man eine vorgegebene Linie hat. Dann weiß man so ungefähr, wo es lang geht. Ansonsten ist es mühsam mit den Milliarden kleinen Schritten, jeder einzelne eine riesige Auswahl von Möglichkeiten. Und viele so gut wie alles andere.

Nachdem ich wieder einen kleinen Tal der Inspiration erlebt habe, ist mir ein Lichtblick entgegen geblitzt. Ich schreibe in den nächsten Tagen über den Optimismus. Bestimmt gibt's eine Menge da für mich zu lernen und zu üben. Hurra!
Hugs for Haiti.