Samstag, 6. März 2010

Norge

I've got this idea of moving to Norway. Yesterday, I rang up a couple places about job prospects. Luckily, people were gracious enough to speak English with me. My Norwegian's appalling. Ha!

Of course, I didn't get a job. But I've sent out applications and I am confident that before the end of the summer, I will have work there somehow. It's my clown self calling. Their system seems perfect for some clown therapeutic activity.

So yesterday, I failed. But I'm not giving up. I promised one of the men I spoke to that he'd hear from me again. Next time, I'll speak Norwegian well enough to knock his socks off. Ha!
Hugs for Haiti.

Die Jobsuche ist spannend. Ich liebe es, mich vorzustellen. Das lernt man in einer neuen Sprache fast immer zuerst. Norwegisch ist köstlich. Ich liebe die Sprache, ich liebe die Bilder und Eindrücke, und die Menschen, mit denen ich gestern telefonierte gestern, waren liebenswert auch.

Sie akzeptierten diesen einfachen Wahnsinn eines verrückten Idees: ich will in Norwegen arbeiten und spreche bislang nur zehn Wörter. Nächste Woche sind es aber sicherlich hundert. Die Woche darauf 500 bis tausend.

Na ja, auch wenn es nicht ganz so rasant geht, man versteht schon. Ich werde es auf jeden Fall schaffen. Einfach so, weil ich es willllll. Jeg vil arbeide i Norge!