Sonntag, 28. Februar 2010

Magersucht

Germans call anorexia nervosa "Magersucht" literally translated it means addiction to thinness, or something like that. My stepdaughter has it. That means our family has it. It's a fascinating illness, so sneaky and pervasive, but I love it.

I know, I'm perverse. But it gives us a chance to look at the reasons for its existence. And maybe do something about them.

The caring, loving father, absolutely crazy about his daughter, the jealous mother excluded from the erotic triangle while the daughter pulls the strings...It's a masterpiece of family drama. But I stepped outside to get some air and I'm bigger than the scene now.

Bring it on, Magersucht. I'm feeling lucky today. ha!
Hugs for Haiti.

Das ist ja ein Familiendrama. Gottseidank kann ich ein bisschen zur Seite stehen und beobachten. Zunächst dachte ich, ich wollte wegrennen. Weit und schnell. Doch nachdem ich am Fluss Joggen war, hat alles eine neue Perspektive angenommen.

Wir haben Glück. Irgendwie ist jede Krise auch eine Chance. Mein Mann hat Geduld und viel Liebe, seine Tochter bringt Mut und Klarsicht mit und ich? Vielleicht kann ich für das Verständnis und Herzenswissen sorgen. Jedenfalls bemühe ich mich dazu. Und es wird schon klappen. Hurra! Wir schaffen das. Gemeinsam sind wir unschlagbar.

Magersucht roll over! Ha.