Dienstag, 2. Februar 2010

Inschallah

One of my favourite writing mentors, Hope Clarke of Funds for Writers, had an inspiring editorial in one of her newsletter the other day. She reminded us to write not for ourselves, but for our readers. I wrote back to thank her for the inspiring message.

She replied to thank me for writing her. She had thought the editorial was nothing special that week. Which goes to show, you never know how your words will affect someone.

Sometimes I write for myself. It's my blog and I'm allowed. Sometimes I don't know who I'm writing for, or why. But if I let the message flow, something good comes out, or it may be something that doesn't seem particularly good to me, but perhaps for someone else. Inschallah!
Hugs for Haiti :-)

So Gott will heißt Inschallah, glaube ich. Manchmal sehe ich den Sinn meines Handelns nicht, aber ich tue es trotzdem, weil ich mich dazu berufen fühle. Die meisten meiner Taten sind banal. Doch wenn ich sie im Sinne der Hingabe an das danze Grosse errichte, vielleicht werden sie dann heilig?