Freitag, 5. Februar 2010

Woman/ Frau

Yesterday, I opened an email from an old friend, i.e. friend for 27 years, going 28. She hates it when I tell people that, pretends we met in kindergarten. She's sensitive about our age. But heck, it's the truth, we're getting on.

Anyway, she sent a chain letter for women. I really hate those things, especially the ones that threaten with bad luck. I never send those ones on. I figure the buck stops with me and I'll face whatever luck may come.

But this one is worth sharing. Here's to all the women who have touched my life. As you know from the thank count, there've been thousands!

May there be peace within today.
May you trust that you are exactly where you are meant to be.
May you not forget the infinite possibilities that are born of faith in yourself and others.
May you use the gifts you have received, and pass on the love that has been given to you.
May you be content within yourself just the way you are.
Let this knowledge settle into your bones, and allow your soul the freedom to sing, dance, praise and love. It is there for each and every one of us.

(Then followed the bit about pass this on to twelve friends, don't break chain, hope you made a wish, see what happens in four days, etc...)

Morgen folgt die Übersetzung für diejenigen, die eventuell die Englische Version von heute nicht ganz verstanden haben. Wunderbare Tage wümsche ich. Morgen gehe ich in die Saunalandschaft. Bei solchem Schnee ist sowas perfekt. Hurra!