Samstag, 20. Februar 2010

Curve/ Die Kurve

Whatever the reason for my prolonged encounter with the dental surgeon and his staff, we've made the curve together. On my last visit, I was smiling. Broadly. No pain! Sometimes getting rid of a pain is better than never having pain at all. You don't know what you're missing, if you're always pain-free.

It was the pain that made me conscious that my teeth have feelings. Once the nerve was properly treated, it shut up. I am sooo grateful for a functioning oral cavity, I hope I never forget the experience. I'll never take my teeth for granted again. At least, not for a while.

Last night I shared information about the Lifelong Learning Programme and my Grundtvig experience. Yay! Afterwards, some English colleagues described how Germany has killed their spark, or seriously dampened it.

For many of us, working is a pain. We only do it because we love what we do, need the money, or find purpose in our tasks. The German system discourages people who work by undervaluing and overtaxing their work. It's a pain. But maybe this too can change?

Hugs for Haiti. And for Germany, too.

Das mit dem Zahnarzt habt Ihr schon mitgekriegt, oder? Es hat geklappt. Seine letzte Intervention war zwar schmerzhaft (kurz), doch hat er die Wundheilung dadurch gefördert und mich wieder auf die richtige Bahn gebracht. Hurra!

Die Heilung soll vier bis sechs Wochen dauern. Doch ich will es in zwei Wochen hinter mich bringen. Der Zahni meint, er sei dabei. Heh!

Das Grundtvig Programm bietet prekär Beschäftigte wie SprachtrainerInnen (so wie ich eine bin) die Gelegenheit, sich weiter zu bilden und zu entwickeln. Zum lernen ist keine (r) zu alt. Das hat angeblich neueste Forschung ergeben, doch ganz ehrlich, ich habe es auch so gewusst.