Mittwoch, 24. Februar 2010

Jeg heter...

Learning a new language is fantastic. Funny how human beings all say the same things. The first lesson of French, Spanish, Croatian, and German, of course, consisted of the typical "I am..." and "you?"

I did have a wicked friend from Singapore who taught me an insult and claimed it was a greeting. It shocked the groin off the guy from Hong Kong when I rattled it off (my Cantonese intonation is perfect, even tho I had no clue what I was saying). And a Brazilian friend taught me a mournful folk song, a Nepalese friend, no clue what the song means, I've forgotten.

The deepest was the Hungarian love song another friend taught me. I sang it for the woman whose house I stayed in when I went to Sopron 25 years ago. She was enthused.

Sometimes it's not what we say, but how we say it.
Hugs for Haiti.

Eigentlich gibt es nicht viel zu quatschen und ich muss jetzt los. Oder zumindest bald. Schönen Tag Euch allen.