Sonntag, 2. Mai 2010

Clutter/ Zeugs

Yesterday afternoon a bird zoomed by so fast I heard the woosh of its wings like a fighter plane. As it rounded the corner I could just make out its peachy brown body as a dot on the horizon.

Was it hunting, or being hunted? I've never heard a wing on the wind quite like that. Maybe it was flying fast for the thrill of it.

I keep reading messages about clutter. All the gurus are suggesting spring cleaning. I know I need to do it. More than that, I long to keep myself clear in body mind and soul. Longterm. I can tell a new life is waiting for me as soon as I take care of the old stuff.

So I've tossed out a lot of the papers I collected over two years of English teaching. I'm passing them on to colleagues if anyone wants them. And we've taken out bags of clothes we no longer needed. I'm streamlining my life, slowly but surely. Maybe I can fly better that way. Not because someone tells me to, but just for the thrill of it.
Hugs for Haiti.

Langsam räume ich in meinem Leben auf. Es macht Spaß, die kleinen Schritte einer neuen Zukunft entgegen zu laufen. Gestern meine Klamotten, heute vielleicht die Küche. Es ist erstaunlich wieviel sich in zwei Jahren ansammelt. Wir kamen mit einem Koffer und ein paar Taschen hier an. Jetzt haben wir ein ganzes Haushalt.

Ich reduziere gern. Es befreit. Hurra!