Mittwoch, 21. April 2010

Vögelgesang/ Bird songs

It's over. And done with. Another ending of a course and the end altogether rocks closer. This time I am touched by apprehension. What am I doing? Where am I going? Is this the right thing?

When doubts assail me, I look back in gratitude at things achieved. And I open my mouth and sing. The songs aren't as clear and sweet as they were when I was younger. They're throaty, husky and slightly off key. But they're my songs.

As I told my profiler, I don't know if birds have superstars and Nobel prizes, but I know their songs brighten my day. And in the silence that follows the chirping, the joy of living deepens.

So I'll cast off my cloak of anxiety and the savour this pause in between. Yay! I still have a heap of stuff to do, unpaid labour, but hey, I do the things I love and learn to love whatever I do. Hugs for Haiti!

Gestern ging schon wieder einen Kurs zu Ende. Diesmal fehlte mir das Hochgefühl. Wehmut war größer. Habe ich genug getan, war es das Richtige? Habe ich erreicht, was ich mir vorgenommen habe? Diesmal wurden die Ziele gen Ende immer verschwommener. Ich wusste nicht, was ich am letzten Tag machen sollte.

Doch haben wir die letzten Stunden mit einem ergiebigen Frühstuck und fruchtbarem Rückblick verbracht. Letzter Zeit habe ich viel zurück geblickt. Wird es an der Zeit die Memoiren zu erfassen? Zwei Leute haben mich aus unterschiedlichen Gründen dazu ermutigt...

Mal sehen. Ich tue was ich tun muß--und kann. Fröhliche Frühlingstage!