Freitag, 23. Oktober 2009

Homeless/ Obdach

Thanks 36 and 37 to Lewis and Charles at the Institute4Languages. They taught me to take my lessons off the page last year, and I haven't held back since. The best teachers are the one who free you. At least the best teachers for me are. Other good teachers are the ones I need to rebel against, for they often teach me things they themselves do not know.

I had a lesson in blogging this morning. It reminded me how wonderful some people are at providing useful information and inspiration. I'm not so good, perhaps, at useful things. That's why I haven't set up a web page yet. I have nothing concrete to offer. Nothing to sell. Least of all myself. But I'm grateful for the faithful folks who follow my stories, send me postcards, or threaten to drop in.
I'm not so interested in making a name for myself, or going extra miles and I don't need to achieve much in life any more. I like where I am, even if it's cold today. Thank God for central heating and enough money to pay my bills. Some people live under the bridge in Hamburg. I hope they can keep warm tonight.

Eigentlich war es anders geplant. Doch der heutige Blog geht sein eigener Weg. Oder ist es 'das' Blog? Egal. Möge kein Mensch heute abend frieren müssen. Und ein gesegnetes Wochenende wünsche ich Euch allen.