Freitag, 5. November 2010

Norway/ Norge/ Norwegen

Heisann! Nå er jeg tilbake.

I'm back! Yay!

Maybe nobody noticed I was gone. I had almost forgotten the existence of this blog. I didn't recall how to get here. But thank God for Google. And a bit of logic reminded me of the password I forgot to write down somewhere.

Weird isn't it. Life is full of pin codes and passwords. 10 years ago, I just barely understood how to set up an email account. Now life without them is unthinkable. For some.

I found a new purpose. To blog about Norway. This new chapter in my life was nowhere clear at the beginning of the year, but now seems perfectly right. Being here. I am grateful for the chance to live here, excitedly learning more about Norwegian society and finding my place in it, as I am determined to master the language by early next year.

Language is one challenge I always can rise to. Yay! It brings such marvelous benefits. Like being able to order things and get them. Or respond to others and know by their reaction that you have understood. Nothing more rewarding than success, unless you count the joy of getting there.

Nur ganz kurz, Deutsch wird immer schwieriger, da die Gehirnzellen von Norwegisch allmählich überschwemmt werden. Allerdings hätte ich Norwegisch ohne Deutsch bestimmt nicht so schnell lernen können. Im Hintergrund bleibt es also. Eines Tages werde ich beide Sprachen gleichwertig gebrauchen könen. Ich freue mich darauf. Hurra!